Thursday, March 19, 2015

Ethereal Gradient NOTD

Hey y'all! So I actually did some nail art that isn't related to my TT posts! Not to say that I don't being a part of the Twinsies, but it has been a long time since I have felt inspired to do much nail art outside of our weekly prompts. But I seem to have come out of my slump! Hopefully this creative energy will stick around a while!




Used:

China Glaze - Wanderlust
China Glaze - Dashboard Dreamer
Maybelline Color Show - Precious Pearls

Make up sponge

I have had a few of the shimmers from the China Glaze Road Trip collection just sitting on my swatching table patiently waiting to be played with, feeling oh so ignored. But after I finally did swatch them...and the resulting disappointment (they are very lackluster), I did what I usually do when a polish underwhelms me - use it for nail art. It has been ages since I have done a gradient, so that's what I opted for this time around.




Oh they turned out just so pretty! That soft and dreamy look is what I was hoping from the polishes on their own, but they just fell flat, unfortunately. But at least I can do swoon-worthy things like this! They look even better after I added the Precious Pearls glitter topper! Totally looks like rain drops, right?!?

So I am working on a few things to help kick my creativity in the butt, a lot of it has to do with stuff I learned studying art in college - design elements and such. It really does help (me at least) to understand the basics of art and how to apply them in creating a design, whether it's nail art or something done on canvas.

Where does your inspiration come from? Do you have any tricks to get yourself out of a creative slump? And more importantly...are you an art nerd like me?! Ha!

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous! Just love how soft and light it feels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...