Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday: Pond Mani

Hello guys and gals! Welcome to the first Tuesday of the new year! The Twinsies took a break over the holidays, but we are back for our weekly themed posts. And we even have new members! Welcome Amanda (from  Fashion Footing), Beckie (from Polished by Beckie ) and Savannah (from Addicted to Polish)! I am super excited to get to know you girls and see your awesome posts every week!

This week’s theme is a pond mani - a design layered in between jelly polish so that it appears to be floating.  This is a fairly new technique in the nail world and I was super excited to try it out!




Used:
O.P.I. - Funky Dunky
Digital Nails - Serenity
O.P.I. - Don’t Violet Me Down
O.P.I. - MBSW

MoYou London  Sailor Collection - Plate # 03

I decided to do a stampwich, a variation on the pond mani using stamped designs instead of hand painted. I started with Funky Dunky as a base color and then began a traditional jelly sandwich layering with Serentiy and Don’t Violet Me Down. Once those were completely dry, I stamped the design on top and then added a final layer of Don’t Violet Me Down. As with any mani using multiple layers and especially jelly polishes, it is always best to wait for everything to dry completely before going to the next step, otherwise you will get bubbles!



I am so thrilled with the outcome! I haven’t really felt up to doing more complicated designs lately, so this was a good challenge for me. And I am happy to knock off a “to-do” mani from my list!

Have you ever tried a pond mani? What do you think of them?

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Twinsies and their ponds mani! And say "hi" to the new members!



Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Beckie at Polished by Beckie
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Tiffany at Polished To Precision

13 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! It's like a double pond mani with the floating design and the ripples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of this! I totally did mine wrong, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! the hint of shimmer really adds to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beautiful Bridget. It's something I would love to recreate. I haven't tried a pond manicure in this sense (I only learned what it really meant after reading your post!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks really cool Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome design! Your stamping came out perfectly too. I thought about using stamps for mine, but I'm so new to stamping that I figured I'd just screw it up, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colors look ethereal together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...