Friday, April 18, 2014

Essie Truth Or Flare - Spring/Summer Color Trend

Hi guys and a happy Friday! I have the next installment of the Fashion Friday Color Trend series, so sorry about skipping last week. Life kinda got away from me and I didn't get a chance to write up the post. But all is well in APN land, and I have a gorgeous color to share!

Pastel blue is the quintessential spring color, in my opinion, and naturally it has a spot on the color line up this year as well. Instead of the more traditional hue, Pantone gave us "Placid Blue," a more vintage shade. Essie's spring collection, Hide & Go Chic, has the perfect polish counterpart - Truth Or Flare.

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use.


Essie Truth Or Flare (Hide & Go Chic Collection Spring 2014)

Truth Or Flare is a dusty light blue crelly (cream/jelly hybrid). The crelly threw me off a bit at first, I got all excited because I thought it was a true jelly after the first coat. But not in a bad way. I think the slight squishyness gives this polish a nice interesting look, as opposed to a basic cream. The color isn't my favorite, mostly because blues like this tend to give me lobster hands. Other than my personal preference, it is a fantastic polish. After a very sheer first coat, a thicker second coat covered beautifully. It dries to a delightful shine as well.


I love the vintage, yet modern, look of this polish. It is oh so hipster in that way. But I do think it captures that springy blue pastel in a fascinating way, and if you are a fan of that, then you will love this shade. Surprisingly, Essie is the only mainstream brand to offer a version of Placid Blue. But at least it is a great version!

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.

Essie is available in various locations. Products retail for $8 a piece. Prices may vary by location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...