Monday, July 22, 2013

KBShimmer The Dancing Green

Hey y'all, happy Monday! This weekend was super short and went by way too fast for me. But it was fun while it lasted! Today I have one of the awesome new summer KBShimmer polishes to share! KBShimmer is one of my absolute fav Indie polish brands and I am constantly impressed by the creativity and quality that comes with each new collection. The summer collection is no different. It is full of awesome colors and glitter combos, as well as new wax finish neons, all inspired by the bold fashion trends of the 80's and 90's. You can read all about the inspiration and see bottle shots in the press release, here. I did a little birthday shopping and snagged a couple bottles for myself and one for an upcoming giveaway!!!
 
Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my own personal use.
 
 
KBShimmer The Dancing Green
 
KBShimmer - The Dancing Green
 
The Dancing Green is a crazy bright green jelly loaded with circle, square and hex glitters in fuchsia, lime green, gold, and navy blue. We all know how I feel about green polish and circle glitter, so it's no secret that I needed this polish. Seriously, it's gorgeous. And so perfect for summer! Formula was a bit on the thin side. This is 3 coats, and there is a tiny bit of VNL still. It would work well over green undies ( Revlon Posh is a great green cream) to remedy the issue. Because of the this base, I did have to fish for glitter. I basically did a normal first coat, and then dabbed for the second and third. A couple coats of a good shiny topper, and your set!
 
 
KBShimmer The Dancing Green
 

KBShimmer The Dancing Green
 
 
The only gripe I have is the square glitter kept getting stuck in the brush. Overall, it does require a bit of work, but in the end, I think it is totally worth it. The finished result is so eye catching!
 
More 31 day challenge posts (I am almost done!!!) as well as the other KBShimmer I grabbed - What's Your Damage are in the line up for this week! And Fashion Friday is making a return! Lots of good stuff, so be sure you are keeping up with me on twitter, IG and Blog Lovin' (links are in the right sidebar for your convenience) so you don't miss out!
 
Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.
 
KBShimmer polishes are available on line. Products retail for $8.75 a piece. For international shoppers, KBShimmer is available at Harlow & Co. Prices may vary.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...