Friday, May 24, 2013

Pomegranate Lacquer - Royal Fairy Tale Collection

Hey all! Today I am taking a little break from the challenge for some swatches! I am having a blast with the challenge prompts, but I love swatching and it feels good to share some new pretties with you guys!

Pomegranate Lacquer is one of the first indie brands I fell in love with. The quality of the polish is always amazing, and the colors are always fun and exciting. Tina, the creator/founder generously offered two colors of my choice from the newest collection, Royal Fairy Tale, for review. The collection boasts 14 rich colors with a variety of finishes (cream, foil, glitter, metallic). It is such a great selection and it definitely has something for everyone. I had such a hard time choosing the two polishes for my review!

Please Note: Products were provided to me by Pomegranate Lacquer for my honest review.


 
Pomegranate Lacquer - Fit For A Prince
 
Fit For A Prince is a gorgeous deep cobalt blue cream. It is a little bit darker the Baker St, but in the same color family. Naturally, I love it! Formula was creamy and thick, my idea of a perfect polish! One flawless coat for full coverage. Dry time was slightly longer than average, due to the thicker formula. It also stains pretty badly, so a good base coat is needed.
 

 
Pomegranate Lacquer - Royal Brat
 
Royal Brat is a bright, crisp apple green jelly. Oh I love jellies, and this one is so great! The color is perfection, definitely a nice change to all the emerald green polishes that have been released this year. Formula was good for a jelly. 3 coats for full opacity, but you need to give each coat a few minutes to dry before you apply another one. Pretty standard.

For this collection, Pomegranate Lacquer changed up the bottle and logo giving a more vintage feel. I wasn't sold on the redesign until I saw them in person. I really love the new bottles, but they do hold a bit less polish than the previous square shaped bottles. The price, however, is reflected in the change. They are about 50 cents cheaper than before.
 
If you missed out on the older colors, they are still available and marked down for clearance. Prices range from $4.50 to $6, with free shipping for purchases over $27.
 
Pomegranate Lacquer is available on line at pomegranatelacquer.com. The Royal Fairy Tale collection is $8.50 per bottle.

Products shown were provided by Pomegranate Lacquer for my honest review. All opinions are my own. For more information please read my disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...