Tuesday, April 9, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Red

Hello all! Today is the first post of my adventures doing the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge! The first ten posts are all about color and with that I wanted to keep it simple and really let the color shine. Red is not a polish color I have a lot of, and usually don't wear...like ever. Still, I really like what I came up with!

 
Used:
 
SOPI Betsey Johnson - Pushing Your Luck
Nubar - Ruby Red Glitz
 
Striping Tape
 
Again, I wanted to do something simple and really show off the color. Striping tape is a great tool for nail art because it is very easy to use, and you can create something really eye catching.
 
This particular design, is about as easy as it gets. I started with a base of Pushing Your Luck (the only red cream in my collection!), once it was dry, I placed small pieces of striping tape in a random pattern and used an orange stick to make sure they were nice and flat. Next I layered Ruby Red Glitz, peeled off the the tape and finished off with a top coat.


I'm still not sold on the idea of red nails, but I gotta admit, it does look kinda hot. Next up is Orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...