Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Revlon Chroma Chameleon Amethyst

Hello lovelies! Short and sweet post today, no need for a lot of chatter when there's a pretty duo chrome to swoon over!
 
Revlon recently released a Limited Edition line of Duo Chrome polishes called Chroma Chameleon; great name, not so great (as in waaaay over done) collection. Every single polish has been done before, and within the last year even. Most are dupes of the China Glaze New Bohemian Luster Chromes, and of course there's even a Peridot version. Amethyst is the only one that I haven't seen a bajillion replicas, so naturally that is the one I grabbed! Pretty sure it's a dupe of Zoya Ki, however.
 
Please Note: All products in this post were purchased by me for my own personal use.
 
 
 
Revlon Chroma Chameleon - Amethyst
 
Amethyst is a smokey purple/steel grey/green multi chrome. The color shift is really strong, but only in daylight. The formula was good, a lot more manageable than the Sally Hansen Lustre Shines, comparable to the China Glaze ones. A bit thin on the first coat, solid in 2 if you are careful. I ended up using 3 because I had a few patchy spots. Quick dry time, no application issues.

 

 
Shade
 
After all the duo chrome collections from last year, I am kinda burnt out, especially since there hasn't been anything new or exciting in any of them. For me, this is just a rehash and a big ol' let down. Out of eight polishes, this is the only one I liked, and for a hoarder like me, that usually doesn't happen.
 
These are limited edition, so if you missed out on any of other duo chrome collections, and you want to grab some, get them while you can. They retail for about $9 a piece and are available in many drugstore locations.
 
Products shown were purchased by me for my own personal use. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...