Wednesday, December 19, 2012

OMG Liebster!

Hey all you lovely lacquer heads! Today I have a very special post! I have been nominated by two wonderful bloggers for the Liebster Award.


If you are unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, it's a blog tag for new and/or small blogs to acknowledge the awesomeness contained with in (yes, awesomeness is a word, duh. ;p ) I was very fortunate to be nominated by Fitzy a.k.a. Lacquer Lad and Jessica from AnoNAILmous, two super sweet people & fellow Texans. Yay!

The basic rules are, post 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you, write 11 new questions and nominate 11 new blogs for the award (& no tag-backs). So here goes nothing!

11 Facts:
- I am 32 (33 in July).
- I have a daughter who is 4 and named after a famous Rasta musician.
- I am vegetarian.
- I changed my major 7 times in college, eventually choosing photography, but quit when everything went digital cause I love (& miss) the dark room.
- I played the Alto Sax in high school for the marching band.
- My favorite movie is a toss up between Pulp Fiction, Trainspotting and Donnie Darko.
- My favorite author is Chuck Palahniuk & my favorite book by him is Invisible Monsters & my favorite line from the book is “The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.”
- I am a huge book nerd.
- I have taught myself to knit and crochet. My other addiction is yarn. It's almost as bad as nail polish.
- I used to listen to nothing but Punk & I was obsessed with Rancid and Bad Religion.
- I hate shoes & prefer flip flops, even when it is cold outside.

Jessica's 11 questions:

1) What is your absolute favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
favorite - getting to know some wonderful fellow addicts...errr..enthusiasts!
least - editing swatch photos. super lame.
2) What is your favorite book?
i can't possibly choose a fav book, but fav series is HP.
3) Which do you prefer stamping, freehand, or wraps?
so far, stamping. i haven't done too much free hand & haven't tried wraps at all.
4) What is your middle name?
Renee
5) If you could have any pet in the world what would be?
a kitty. both the hubs & girlie are allergic & i love kitties. : (
6) If you could be a part of any movie what would it be? (i wanna answer this one Harry Potter or Pleasantville prob the first)
HP, LOTR, or Star Wars.
7) If you could live anywhere, where would it be (think not leaving family or friends behind)?
Ireland
8) What genre(s) of music do you listen to?
punk, grunge, or Glee
9) What is your favorite store to shop at?
Target or Hobby Lobby
10) Text or phone call?
depends. mostly text, but i hate typing out a long convo.
11) Foil Method, Glue Method or Yellow Stopper for glitter polish removal?
glue! works like a charm!

Fitzy's 11 questions:
 
1. What is your favorite dessert or sweet food
chocolate or really really good cheesecake
2. Cremes or jellies? Why?
crelly! ha! you get the coverage of a cream, but still the squishy texture of a jelly. 
3. Shimmer or glitter? Why?
shimmer, cause i'm a picky bitch over glitter.
4. How do you organize your polish stash?
right now, in a big ol' box. i need a helmer, or a melmer. which ever i get my paws on first.
5. What are you doing for the holidays?
family thing, & trail of lights
6. What is a nail trend (crackle, matte, magnetic, glitter bomb, etc.) that you just can't stand, and why?
crackle, magnetic, liquid sand, huge glitter, bar glitter, cause i'm a picky bitch ; )
7. What is your favorite mythical creature?
mermaid, fairy & unicorn! i may be a pre teen girl on the inside.
8. How do you like your eggs?
scrambled in a tortilla with pico & avocado. nom nom nom.
9. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
dark, please.
10. What is your favorite drugstore nail (or makeup) brand?
essie
11. What is the color of your soul?
yellow (aw, i like this question!)

My 11 questions:

1. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. What character from a book, movie, or graphic novel do you most identify with?
3. If you could have every polish from one brand, what brand would you choose?
4. Do you have any other collections besides nail polish?
5. What is your favorite season?
6. Can you speak more than one language? What are they?
7.  Homebody or Social Butterfly?
8. Coffee or Tea?
9. What was your favorite subject in school?
10. Would you ever have stiletto nails?
11. Your trapped on a desert island, what (one) book, movie, album, & nail polish would you want to have to keep you company?

Young Wild & Polished
Pinpoint Polish
Nicole Nearly Nailed
Ria Loves Pawlish
Nails and a Westie
Nails 4 Dummies
Bridge Nail Art
The Blahg
Luck Love Nails

(ok so it's not exactly 11, but what ever. also, if those I nominated, have already been nominated, don't feel obligated to post again.)

Thank you Jessica & Fitzy for nominating me! Big squishes!

3 comments:

  1. I'm also a vegetarian!! :D And Donnie Darko is my favorite movie too!

    And after reading your answers to my questions, I am now super hungry. Lol thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donnie Darko/ Pulp Fiction a woman after my own heart. eek I was all in until I saw Glee (awkward)... but I secretly like it my sister can't know! and Essie heck to the yes... ps when in July this is getting kinda creepy... haha the pre teen... Sorry I was all over the board with this comment but at least you know I read 'em all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha! yes! glee is awesome & you know it :p 15th of july! my girlie's is on the 1st.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...