Thursday, September 27, 2012

Essence Color & Go Swatches

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a few bottles of the new re-designed Essence Colour & Go polish line at Ulta. I've played around with some of the Essence make up, but never the polish. For $1.99 a bottle, I figured, it was worth giving a go.
 
The bottles for Colour and Go are a new design that features a clicking cap that is the same color as the nail polish. Quite a neat little feature!
 
 
 
Essence Colour & Go - Grey-T to be Here

Grey-T to be Here is a little purple toned grey cream with a hidden pink shimmer. The shimmer is very subtle, and sadly, much more present in the bottle than on the nail. It does peak out at the right angle, or with enough light, but I wish it was just a bit more prevalent. Pink and grey is such a great color combo. The formula was iffy. Streaky on the first two coats, and finally leveled at three. Despite that, the dry time was very good. The brush was really problematic, fluffy and uneven.

 
 
 

 
Essence Colour & Go - I Love Bad Boys

I Love Bad Boys is a bright turquoise cream with a bright turquoise shimmer. Unlike Grey-T, this shimmer is very noticeable and very sparkly! Formula is the same, however, streaky and needs 3 coats to even everything out.

 
 
 

 
Essence Colour & Go - Chic Reloaded

Chic Reloaded is a black/purple/blue/green duo chrome with a tiny bit of shimmer. The color shift is ridiculously hard to capture, but very noticeable in person. This one had a great formula, no streaking, 2 coats for full coverage. Surprisingly, I really liked this one. Like I've said in the past, I'm not a huge fan of dark colors (though I seem to be picking up more lately), but the range of colors in this polish is just too pretty to pass up.



I'm glad I gave these little polish a chance, despite the tricky formula (kinda expect that with cheaper brands) I really like them.

Essence Colour & Go is available at Ulta, online and in stores. (FWI, my Ulta had more colors available than on line.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...