Friday, August 3, 2012

My Favorite Polish: Part 1 (Duo Chrome)

Since this is the first post of a brand new Nail Polish blog, I wanted to showcase a few of my favorite polishes from my stash, as well as give you all an idea of what I will be posting about & what types of polish I will be featuring.

Of all the different finishes of nail polish, Duo Chrome has got to be my absolute favorite. Duo chrome is simply a chrome finish that has a color shift with different lighting. It's gorgeous and very eye catching.

OPI - Just Spotted The Lizard (The Amazing Spiderman collection)

This OPI is my favorite duo chrome; it flashes between a rich olive toned gold to a dark teal. It is a dupe of the very popular Chanel Peridot, and at nearly half the cost ($8), well worth the purchase. I love it for simple fact that I don't have another polish that looks anything like it.

Good formula, a little thick, but that seems to be standard for chrome finishes. I love OPI's brush. Nice & short so you rarely get random drips & also it's a bit wider than other companies, so you get more coverage with one stroke.



Zoya - Adina (Reverie collection)

An older Zoya, but none the less beautiful. This is from a duo chrome collection that Zoya released in 2010 & my favorite by far. It has a lovely violet purple base that shifts to a soft pale green, but in warmer lighting, it can look more red and gold. Very pretty.

Good formula for this one as well, same thickness issue & can bubble if you don't wait a few minutes between each coat. But still overall a great polish & a definite to any collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...